Below are the mission projects we are involved in throughout the year. To get involved, please contact Felicity Gordon or call the church office at 336-288-2710.
Helping the Hungry
- We collect canned goods and other non-perishables throughout the year to help Urban Ministries provide food for hungry people in our community. We specifically collect 15 oz. cans of pinto beans, pork & beans, green beans, corn, tomatoes, fruit, applesauce; 10 oz. cans of chicken noodle soup, tomato soup, 5-6 oz. cans of tuna, 16 oz. cans of salmon, chili, Brunswick Stew or beef stew; 18 oz. jars of peanut butter; 1 lb. bags of dried beans, rice, 18 oz. containers of oatmeal, boxes of macaroni & cheese.
- Beginning this school year is a NEW opportunity at Parkway--the Backpack Club. This ministry reaches children in our community who may not have enough food at their home to eat over the weekend. Once a week we will pack a backpack of food for children in need who attend General Greene Elementary. On Friday the students will receive the backpack and then take it home to help provide food to eat for the weekend. We pray that this ministry will be a blessing to all involved. Check us out and see if this is something you would be interested in supporting.
- Piedmont International Fellowship - need Friend Families, furniture items for students, and drivers for group outings
- Jail Ministry - need Bible Study leaders, people to help purchase and package items for women inmates
- English as a Second Language - need teachers.
North Carolina Baptist Men Disaster Relief
- Relief Ministry is to relieve human suffering caused by disasters by providing: hot meals, debris removal, child care and family assistance.
- Is not just for men, women are encouraged to join
- Different ways you can serve include: Administration, Assessment, Mass Feeding, Shower, Water, and lots more.
- Training for each of these areas is offered to anyone who wants to join.
- Click here for more information
- Cancer Center - chemo caps (knitted, crocheted, sewn)
- Heart patients - heart pillows
- Women's Hospital - baby hats, baby clothing for indigent closet, preemie items
- Baptist Hospital - Scarves of Hope for cancer patients
Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Knitted or crocheted prayer shawls for church members who have experienced a loss, surgery, or illness
- Volunteers to deliver completed shawls to recipients
- Make blankets for children who have experienced a crisis or tragedy, such as catastrophic illness, death in the family, fire or other disaster, etc.
- Can be no-sews, knitted, crocheted, sewn, or quilted
- Volunteers to transport blankets to drop-off sites, or distribution sites